Dealing with common men's health issues
There is no easy way to deal with the intricacies of man – especially his health and how to keep him healthy. There are countless conditions and risks that can compromise a man's health, including: coronary heart disease, erectile dysfunction, benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)and no way to know which one should be focused on the most. The best offense they say is a good defense: taking care of one's self and staying on top of the issues. Taking advantage of the multitude of literature and resources on different aspects of mens health, though, means there should never really be too much worry.
Diet and Nutrition
Eating fresh is the biggest key to either natural weight loss or staying in shape. Eating fruits and vegetables rather than cookies and chips is obviously more healthy and better for overall health. When planning a diet, there are things to keep in mind:
- Choose lean, skinless meat over double-deep-fried varieties. Protein is important to have at every meal since it maintains muscle mass.
- Choose whole grain breads and pastas instead of bleached and refined white breads. There is little to no nutritional value in the latter, while the former is full of fiber.
- Drink water more than anything else. Staying hydrated flushes out what toxins are in your body and reduces hunger cravings, which are often your body saying it's thirsty.
- Consult men's interest magazines and their websites for ideas on habit-curbing tips. While common sense dictates how to eat healthy, falling out of practice is not very hard in reality.
Fitness and Exercise
To be healthy, not every man has to run a marathon. But regular exercise is important to overall good health and wellbeing. The idea is to use up the energy produced by eating food, making sleeping more restful. The best ways to fit in exercise is to incorporate it into everyday life:
- Ride your bike to work instead of driving or using transit when weather permits.
- Park at the far-end of parking lots instead of as close to the entrance as possible.
- Have a few friends join a recreation league one night per week instead of meeting for chicken wings and darts.
- For those willing to take on regular workouts, men's health magazines are chock full of sculpting tips and workout regimes. Following these step-by-step instructions will get you into the groove of regular exercise. Visit a local gym to speak with an instructor about a potential routine and to get helpful advice and new ideas.
Men's Sexual Health
While typically a hush-hush subject, many men are concerned about conditions like erectile dysfunction and impotence, not to mention STDs and the risk of HIV and AIDS. However, society is starting to realize no one can be helped if everyone with an issue of this nature lives in a vacuum. The online medical world has taken off in recent years, and mens sexual health is among the top-searched topics on these sites.
Age-old questions about sex – be it average penis size, where the G-spot is or how long ejaculation should take to happen – are answered by numerous online sources, not to mention in countless books, magazines and TV and radio shows.
It's important for men to seek answers to these questions. Not only are a large majority of sexual dysfunctions treatable, but a simple answer can also grant peace of mind.
Determine Your Parenting Style
By looking at your friends, family members and parents it's apparent that all parents have different styles.
read more / Parenting