Dealing with common women's health problems
Women seem to be in tune with their inner clocks a little better than men, but that doesn't mean they know everything that's going on in their bodies. The best way to deal with common womens health problems is by visiting a medical doctor. He or she can give a thorough physical exam and recommend more tests, if necessary, or lifestyle changes that can help maintain or improve your health.
Healthy daily choices to help maintain a healthy lifestyle:
- Get enough rest. 8 hours is about the average, although some women need more. This means good-quality rest. Invest in a new mattress and comfy pillows if you feel you're tossing and turning too much, or see your doctor if the problem is deeper than that.
- Take a daily multivitamin. It can be hard to get everything we need in a day just from foods, although we should aim to eat a wide variety of foods every week. Beyond that, vitamins and supplements can help keep you balanced.
- Get your calcium. Women of different ages need different levels of calcium, so consult your doctor about how much you should be getting. If drinking milk and eating cheese isn't your thing, look into calcium chews which even come in chocolate flavor!
- Tell someone you love them. Telling a loved one "I love you" or "I appreciate you" every day is good for your soul and theirs. It's nice to know that somebody else is thinking about us and cares about having us around.
- Exercise. Being physically active is important no matter what. This doesn't mean you have to start training for a marathon or lifting weights, but finding the initiative for short walk around the block will do your body more good than you can imagine. You may also consider joining an all-women physical fitness program or club.
- Cook your own food. By preparing your own meals, you can tailor them to your liking. You also know exactly what goes into them and you can use fresh, clean ingredients without any preservatives.
If you are experiencing menopause, here are a few additional tips:
- Reduce your caffeine intake.
- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.
- Take quiet time for yourself.
- As hard as it may be, cut down on sugar and sweet foods.
- Ask your doctor about herbal supplements.
For more information on womens health issues and suggestions on how to stay healthy, research online, check your local library or consult your doctor. He or she will be able to recommend tips specific to your life stage, body type and personality.
Determine Your Parenting Style
By looking at your friends, family members and parents it's apparent that all parents have different styles.
read more / Parenting