Cabbage Soup Diet
How to follow the cabbage soup diet
The cabbage soup diet is the most popular within the category of negative-calorie diets. Such diets are based on foods that provide very little in the way of calories – in fact, your body burns more calories than it takes in when you eat these foods. Many vegetables and fruits belong to this category, such as celery, apples and of course, cabbage. This diet should give you a kick-start by allowing you to lose up to 10 pounds in a single week. If you get fed up of cabbage, remember it's only for one week, so it will be over soon.
- 4 large onions
- 5 tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- 1 bunch celery
- ½ head cabbage
- Clean all the ingredients and cut them into large pieces.
- Add all ingredients into a non-stick cooking pot and stir them on medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, then add boiling water (from the kettle) until all ingredients are covered.
- Cover and put heat on low, leave it to boil for 2 hours, making sure to add boiling water if needed.
- Mix soup in a mixer and then put on medium heat and season as required. Try to add cumin, gives a lovely taste. You can substitute the seasoning with beef or chicken bouillon cubes.
- You can alter the recipe in any way you like, remember you will have this soup daily for a week, so you need to like its taste.
It is important to make sure you follow this diet strictly for one week then allow at least two weeks to pass before you start again. The daily plan for the cabbage soup diet is based on having the soup as many times as you want (but at least once a day), combined with the following foods (as well as unsweetened drinks and water):
Day 1 (Fruits)
Eat all the fruits you want, except bananas. (Banana lovers, look forward to day 4.)
Day 2 (Vegetables and Soup)
Eat all the vegetables you want without exceptions. Vegetables may be fresh, raw or cooked.
Day 3 (Fruits and Vegetables)
Combine the foods you like from days 1 and 2 (together with the soup, of course). The only exceptions on this day are bananas and potatoes.
Day 4 (Bananas and Milk)
Eat up to 8 medium-sized bananas and drink as much skim milk as you want.
Day 5 (Beef / Chicken and Tomatoes)
You can have 10 to 20 ounces of beef (you can substitute with skinless chicken) with up to 6 tomatoes. It's important to drink 6 to 8 glasses of water to wash away the uric acid.
Day 6 (Beef and Vegetables)
Eat as much as you want of beef and vegetables, except potatoes.
Day 7 (Rice, Fruit Juice and Vegetables)
Eat as much as you like of brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables.
It's important to keep in mind the following health tips:
- Drink a lot of water daily.
- Combine this diet with multivitamins.
- Don't follow this diet for longer than 7 days.
- If you feel weak or lightheaded, stop the diet.
Common Sleep Disorder
An estimated 70 million Americans suffer from one of the four common sleep disorders.
read more / Sleep Disorders